To be recognised as leaders in providing high quality care and education, where a strong sense of belonging/whanaungatanga is promoted and partnerships with parents/whanau are nurtured and valued.We pride ourselves in recognising each child’s individuality and igniting in them a passion for learning.
Our learning priorities will be part of everything we do and underpin the culture of Gladstone Preschool.
- Valuing each child as a unique learner with their individual funds of knowledge.
- Providing an environment that promote inquiry.
- Exploration and challenges that support children to be meaningfully involved in thier learning.
- Valuing each child and their journey.
- Nurturing their self-esteem to develop a confident and competent leaners.
- Equipped with effective communication skills and strong resilience.
- Valuing responsive ,predictable and recpectful interactions and routines with children and their families.
- Supporting a child's sense of belonging and welll-being.
- Valuing positive , sensitive and reciprocal relationships with children, peers, family whanau and the wider community.
- Valuing and embracing diversity.
- Establishing collaborative partnerships that support shared aspirations and expectation.
- Valuing and acknowledging the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.